Tomata du Plenty, Screamers debut, May 28, 1977. Tomata ran outta nowhere and ran around the stage aka the floor. Some debut! Expressive. Accessible. Brilliant. Talented. Lovable. ONLY one Tomata du Plenty. Sadly missed. Left us way too early.
His art career just taking off. I will never forget him calling me to tell me to catch him on the news. CNN I think. He and I were in an art show, Forming, 1999, Track 16, Santa Monica. Bought some fab paintings. GENIUS.
I was thrilled to see these negs a few years ago when I began some scanning.
THE. BEST. LA. BAND. Their debut show was landmark. Their shows events. Sadly, they imploded before officially recording. Which left the other best and most famous LA band, X. We all hung out. Screamers gave the best parties!
Oh the photos, onstage, offstage, parties, the Masque: I’ve a ton of ’em.
The music! The shows! Nothing will ever come close to it. Had to be there. Thanks for the memories, Tomata du Plenty, Tommy Gear, KK Barrett, Paul Roessler and others.
Small-3XL. White, Black, Heather Navy, Charcoal.
- Thicker, heavier cotton, but still soft.
- Gildan 64000 Unisex Softstyle T-Shirt
- More fitted than some of Gildan’s other t-shirts
- Double stitching on neckline and sleeves add more durability.
- 100% ringspun cotton
- Pre-shrunk jersey knit
- Tear Away Label
- Double-needle sleeve and bottom hems
- Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
- Quarter-turned to avoid crease down the center